Digital Recruitment Playbook
Type: Digital Strategy
- Developed a data-driven digital recruitment strategy (playbook) rooted in research
- The playbook included the tools necessary to effectively reach and engage candidates across digital channels
As the COVID-19 pandemic began to recede in late 2021, many businesses found themselves struggling to recruit employees. In response to this significant hiring challenge, our team was engaged by one of the largest privately owned companies in the U.S. to create a digital recruitment playbook – a comprehensive resource rooted in research and designed to provide them with the tools needed to effectively reach and engage qualified candidates across digital channels.
The playbook was tailored to the company’s unique needs, taking into account the workforce they were trying to reach, current recruitment efforts, the company’s culture, a competitive analysis of comparable companies targeting similar talent pools, and more.
Following a comprehensive owned and competitive audit, our team developed a data-driven digital recruitment strategy detailing, but not limited to, the following:
- Complete findings from a comprehensive audit of the client’s owned channels, those of their key executives, channels of 3-5 peers/competitors and those of their leaders
- Content strategy including overarching pillars to guide content creation
- Recommended channel focus including guidance on expanding to new platforms and/or eliminating existing channels
- Recommended profile updates to ensure all brand and executive channels are fully optimized
- Channel-specific recommendations including priority content pillars and suggested post cadences
- Community management and engagement strategy including reactive and proactive messaging, response protocols and escalation plans for negative comments, messages, reviews, etc. and best practices for ongoing social listening
- Benchmarking and key performance indicators for the first year of the program
- Executive positioning plans that supplement company recruitment efforts
Our team worked closely with the appropriate members of the client’s communications team throughout the entire playbook development process to ensure the final strategy aligned with their needs, budget and resources they had available to successfully execute the program.